About the RA Club
RA Genomics Club Constitution
Terms of Service
The RA Genomics Club and its members agree to abide by the prescribed terms.
Applicants must be over 20 years old to apply for membership.
RA Genomics Club Constitution
Chapter 1: General Provisions
Article 1: The name of the organization is the RA Genomics Club
Article 2: The office for the RA Genomics Club will located at the Research Institute of Joint Diseases.
Article 3: Working in conjunction with the Research Institute of Joint Diseases and its associates with the results of their latest cutting edger research, The RA
Genomics Club strives to realize the goal of personalized medicine for members suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
Article 4: To achieve the objectives of the preceding, the RA Genomics Club will conduct the following activities in coordination with the Science Council of Japan and other agricultural-scientific related organizations.
(1) Conducting genetic research and gene analysis aimed towards optimizing drug therapy for treating patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
(2) Coordination of health care services towards genetic testing and rheumatoid arthritis treatment for RA Genomics Club members.
(3) Members will receive information on latest treatments available for rheumatoid arthritis through our information service.
(4) Any other additional activities necessary to reach the goals of the RA Genomics Club.
Chapter 2: Membership
Classification of members
Article 5: members of the association are regular members, special members, and supporting members.
(1) Regular members are defined as the ones who join the RA Genomics Club agreeing with its goals.
(2) Special members are defined as the ones who have showed dedication in some form such as donating their genes for our studies etc., and join the RA Genomics Club agreeing with its goals.
(3) Supporting members are defined as a group that joins and provides the RA Genomics Club with some form of assistance in achieving its goals.
Admission to the club
Article 6: Those who wish to join the club must follow proper procedures for application set up by RA Genomics Club．
Article 7: Membership requires proper procedures for registration, an admission fee, and annual fees.
Withdrawal of membership
Article 8: If a member wishes to withdraw from the club they must submit a written cancellation notice to the Research Institute of Diseases. Once the notice is received, membership will be cancelled.
Chapter 3: Services provided to members
(Provision of genetic analysis and information)
Article 9: RA Genomics Club members are entitled to receive information about genetic analysis as listed below.
(1) Genetic polymorphism analysis (analysis of 610,000 SNPs which covers 80% of all genetic polymorphisms.)
(2) Information about polymorphisms in the genes that enables to predict the efficacy and adverse events of the biologic products used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and the safety of applying them.
(3) Additional information about genetics of which scientific knowledge is understood.
Article 10: RA Genomics Club members can receive services from Medical Coordinators.
Article 11: RA Genomics Club members can join lectures and workshops sponsored by the Research Institute of Joint Diseases and its affiliated organizations.
Fees and expenses
Article 12: Fees
RA Genomics Club fees are as follows:
(1) Regular Membership: Enrollment fee, 300,000 yen, first year annual fee, 50,000 yen, annual fees for the second or subsequent years are billed for services provided.
(2) Special Membership: Enrollment fee, 50,000 yen, first year annual fee, 50,000 yen, annual fees for the second or subsequent years are billed for services provided.
(The annual fee for the first year includes the cost of Medical Coordinator services and participation in workshops.)
(3) The cost of services for the second or subsequent years is as follows:
Medical Coordinator Service: 30,000 yen per consultation
Analysis of genes not related to rheumatoid arthritis: 10,000 yen per gene
Seminar fee: 3,000 yen
Article 13: Cancellation of membership and refund policy
If there is a written request to withdraw (cancel membership ) within eight days after submitting the membership application, the membership initiation fee and annual fee will be refunded.